A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

I hate Tickets

Headlight Ticket

by: I hate Tickets on

I actually got a ticket for having a headlight out once...i faught it and got off though!

stupid cops....

Toronto cops are the absolute lowest.....

The only thing lower is Toronto parking enforment......

Dota

by: Dota on

lol same here, I just got the ticket tonight. Man they didn't even give me 24 hours to get my head light fixed. It's Sunday night, the shops should be closed at this time.

I am going to fight this ticket for sure.

Hey, did you faught for yourself? or you hired someone to do it for you?

I hate Tickets

by: I hate Tickets on

no i didnt hire someone i just did it myself. i called a few of those companys that deal with speeding tickets ect. The guy from points wanted like $500 and was more than eager to take my money and the guy from one of the other companies (cant remember which one) suggested i deal with it myself.

I cant rememebr the legal term for it but what i did was request to meet with someone about the ticket. The meeting was basically the last step before it would go to court. I met with the person (a judge maybe?) and he got rid of the ticket right then so it never made it to court.

Hope this helps, sorry my memory is so vague but it was a few years ago it happened.

Bookm

by: Bookm on

I hate Tickets wrote: I met with the person (a judge maybe?) and he got rid of the ticket right then so it never made it to court.

It was probably the Crown Attorney (Prosecutor). I'm pretty sure this is a Strict Liability offense, which means the Crown can win a conviction based on the illegal act, but you can defeat the charge by showing you exercised "due diligence". (ie. "The light was working when you started your trip.")

I hope you follow-up with the results.

Post a Reply