Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
AD3231

Disobey Sign-section 182(2) No Left During Specific Hours

by: AD3231 on

Hello all,

I got this ticket yesterday (stupid me). I was wondering what the best way to go about fighting this case would be. From reading relevant topics relating to mine, i feel like the best option would be to try and get the ticket knocked down to a municipal by-law offence. I was wondering how to go about that?? Any suggestions or other better methods to fight this case? I am a young male and i cannot have a dent to my driving record as my insurance rates would skyrocket even more, even if the demerit points do get knocked off. Thanks.

AD3231

A few questions:

1) How do I go about the first attendance meeting? Whats the best way to approach it?

2) If it does get bumped down, what would the charge be?

3) I really cant have a ticket on my insurance, regardless of points not being taken. Would it be best just to hire a paralegal?

Thanks.

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

by: FyreStorm on

1) Let them do the talking.

2) The charge may depend on what's available in your local bylaws

3) Why not? You can make you're own pitch for a lesser offence, save the paralegals for the arguing bit, they're rather expensive and often don't do anything you couldn't.

AD3231

Thanks alot. Do by-law offences defenitly not show on your driving record at all?

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

by: FyreStorm on

100% do not.

It's a municipal bylaw, as long as you pay them, it's not recorded on your driving history, if you don't you DL may not be renewed.

It's not part of the MTO database.

Post a Reply