MrBlondie

Charged With Suspended Licenses On Private Property

by: MrBlondie on

I got a court date tomorrow and I was charged with driving with suspended licenses. The vehicle was parked in a parking lot in a parking spot. I was in the passenger seat with the vehicle running cause it was cold outside(the month was jan when it happend). The officer (York Region Police) pulled in and asked for info but I didnt have any, so I gave him my name and all and he asked if I was ever charged and I said no.

He went to his cruiser to check he then flew out at my screaming that I lied and have been charged. I told him I went to court but was never charged then. he then asked me how I got here and I explained that my dad is in the building visiting a friend. He then said I was lying and that I drove the vehicle here and that he can arrest me and tow the vechile blah blah blah. I tried to explain but he wouldnt listen and insisted I was lying so I said ok fine I drove. he then told me he was gonna tow the vehicle and I asked him please dont I cant afford it. he then went to his cruiser and came out with a court summons for driving under suspension.

can anyone guide me as to what I can do? can he do that on private property?

thanks

Nathan

Reflections

by: Reflections on

MrBlondie wrote:I got a court date tomorrow and I was charged with driving with suspended licenses. The vehicle was parked in a parking lot in a parking spot. I was in the passenger seat with the vehicle running cause it was cold outside(the month was jan when it happend). The officer (York Region Police) pulled in and asked for info but I didnt have any, so I gave him my name and all and he asked if I was ever charged and I said no.

He went to his cruiser to check he then flew out at my screaming that I lied and have been charged. I told him I went to court but was never charged then. he then asked me how I got here and I explained that my dad is in the building visiting a friend. He then said I was lying and that I drove the vehicle here and that he can arrest me and tow the vechile blah blah blah. I tried to explain but he wouldnt listen and insisted I was lying so I said ok fine I drove. he then told me he was gonna tow the vehicle and I asked him please dont I cant afford it. he then went to his cruiser and came out with a court summons for driving under suspension.

can anyone guide me as to what I can do? can he do that on private property?

thanks

Nathan

Did the officer see you driving the vehicle??? No. Case dismissed.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
MrBlondie

no he didnt they vehicle was sitting there for 2 hours. he pulled in and saw it sittin in a parking lot

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

The worst thing you did was telling him you drove. You should have kept telling him that you didn't drive the car.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Reflections

by: Reflections on

racer wrote:The worst thing you did was telling him you drove. You should have kept telling him that you didn't drive the car.

Of course if this goes to court the OP could argue he said it because the officer was badgering him.....trying to get a quick end to it...sort of idea.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

See if you can bring your dad with you to court for summons, or at least have him write out a signed letter that you were not driving and were forced to stay behind in the vehicle.

MrBlondie

good news it was thrown out the cop showed up and had no leg to stand on cuz he couldnt prove that I was driving.

Nathan

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Very good for ya! Congrats on winning the BS charge.

Post a Reply