Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Private company had my car towed from city property
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:20 pm 

First off I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I rent a shop with a few people which has many units in the building. For the past few months I've had a car that is legally on the road and has tags but has been park on our leased land. Due to the landlord having a car show at our building I was asked to move it which was no problem. There is a small strip of city land across from our building that the landlord use to lease from the city but does not anymore. Because of the previous lease parking enforcement does not bother us (the building in whole) if parked cars are on that land. Nothing is stopping them from ticket cars parked there. Another tenant in the building did not like that the car was park there and called a private company to tow my car and claimed to be the property owner. The towing company reported to the police that they were going to tow the car and moved it to their lot. In short I had a private company tow my car from city property without a request from the city. I was wonder if anyone could shed some light on what I can legally do. Honestly I'm not to angry with the towing company but at the other tenant.

A few things. The car had never been ticketed and had plates and up-to-date tags. The police did sign off on it getting towed after but was told it was on private property. I don't really want to go after the towing company (he was really nice about everything and knows he was in the wrong).

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Car Towed From Private Property

samanthasherman

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Dilborg View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Parking Ticket & Unjustly Towed from Private Property

samanthasherman

Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:40 pm

thirtymarine View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. DUI charge on Private Property but NOT caught in the car

BC280

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:06 am

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. my vehicle was towed from a private parking lot

DrMidasRiff

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 am

Decatur View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Can an unlicensed/uninsured car be towed by another car?

ttabyss

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:30 am

argyll View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Stop Signs on Private Property

RoaryIgnatius

Tue May 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Stanton View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Fire Routes - Private Property

AnnaXWZ

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:58 pm

AnnaXWZ View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Is this sign on public/private property?

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2 ]

to_driver

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:11 am

to_driver View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Charged with suspended licenses on private property

MrBlondie

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:54 pm

MrBlondie View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Are cops encouraged to park on private property ?

ticket123

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:15 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Fire route on private property do I have case?

stephen32

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:48 am

stephen32 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Question: Expired Stickers on private property.

Deimos

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:12 am

Deimos View the latest post