Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Fake cop demands cash for speeding, driver goes to ATM
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/1009 ... y_fake_cop

"By The Canadian Press

OAKVILLE, Ont. - Police say a woman posed as an officer, stopped a driver in Oakville, Ont., and demanded a payment for speeding on the spot.

Halton Regional Police say the driver did not have the money, so the suspect accompanied the man to an ATM where he gave the woman an undisclosed amount of cash.

Police say the woman was a passenger in a car that pulled up beside the driver Sunday and ordered him to pull over for speeding.

The woman was not wearing a police uniform but police say her demeanour and questions led the man to believe she was an officer.

When the driver asked her for identification, he was told that was not a requirement.

Police say the suspect was captured on video at the ATM."

Last edited by admin on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:44 pm 

Im sorry but this "cop" was not in a marked vehicle, did not wear a uniform, did not show a badge, and demanded money on the spot, yet he thought she was a cop. The driver should take some blame on that one, and get a clue. Even a complete moron should know that a quick call to 911 would have proved if this was legit cop or not. And he had time apparently on the way to the ATM. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:50 pm 

I have to agree with beleafer81.

Like, hello?? The second the fake cop refused to produce a badge or warrant card, I would've told her that impersonating a peace officer is a serious criminal offence, and excuse me while I call the REAL police. (After taking her photograph with my BlackBerry.) And as for demanding payment on the spot... in cash... sigh... How much more did this lady have to do for the guy to realize he was being duped?

Part of me thinks that the reason it took until today for this to be released to the public is that buddy who got duped got to talking to a friend of his, who probably informed him, point-blank, that he'd been swindled. But that's just my theory...