Jurisdiction and Court Location change

Bollockchops30
Jurisdiction and Court Location change

Unread post by Bollockchops30 on

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. Please excuse, and kindly correct any errors in etiquette.

I received a “Fail to Come to a Complete Stop” at stop sign in East York, Toronto. The officer issued me a ticket that required me to appear at Markham Road and Sheppard, the Scarborough Court.

Is there any precedence to get the venue changed due to the location of the infraction? I would prefer to attend at Old City Hall, which is where I would be called to if the issuing officer was not out of the Scarborough division.

I have appeared and requested a trial, as well as got a Evidence Disclosure form (video/audio/notes), which I will submit when I get a trial date, but I am hoping to have the trial in the jurisdiction of the offence.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Passing Thru
Unread post by Passing Thru on

Your offence occurred in Toronto, and your trial is happening in Toronto, so your trial is happening in a court in the jurisdiction of the offence. If the officer is from any of the following divisions in Toronto your courthouse IS 1530 Markham Rd.; 32, 33, 41, 42, 43, 53, 54, PDS, and ETF. There might be one more but I think that covers it. If the ticket was issued outside one of these divisions the justice at 1530 Markham Rd. will still hear the case.

Return to “Failing to obey a stop sign, traffic control stop/slow sign, traffic light or railway crossing signal”