International Driver as a companion for G1

Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:13 am

International Driver as a companion for G1

by: rouvis on
Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:28 am

Hello everyone.
I am a G1 driver, and my father has more than 20 years driving experience in Hong Kong.
He currently holds an IDP.
So as a G1 driver, I need a fully licensed driver as a companion, yet it is not specified to be a G-licensed driver.
Is it okay for him to be my companion?
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Ontario

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on
Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:50 pm

The legislation states:

(2) A person is qualified to act as an accompanying driver if he or she,
(a) is a fully licensed driver in a Class G motor vehicle;
(b) has been licensed in Ontario or another jurisdiction for at least four years; and
(c) meets the applicable requirements of the Act and the regulations, including any requirement to wear corrective lenses but not including any requirement for any special or modified controls applicable to the accompanying drivers licence. O. Reg. 340/94, s. 5 (2); O. Reg. 83/05, s. 4; O. Reg. 205/10, s. 2 (2). ... _e.htm#BK0

I would keep a copy of that in your car, but how are you going to prove that your father has been licensed for 4 years?
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “Driving While Suspended”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest