A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Marquisse

by: Marquisse on

Yes, my number 1 pet peeve. I was listening to 680am this morning and the average driving-and-texter is 23% more likely to get into an accident than a drive-and-talker or DUI-er. I think the last part (DUI-er) is a bit of a stretch.

However, they also said that a texter takes their eyes off the road for an average of 5 seconds per text. Enough time to travel the distance of a football field. I've had these texters roam into my lane at high speeds on the QEW and I become so enraged over it. I honk, and they swerve back into their lane, look into their rear-view or out their window, and giggle back into their phone like they've just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Or, they go back to texting after convincing themselves they've got a better handle on their steering wheel with their knees while holding their crackberry in one hand and texting with the other.

Hey, if your call is that important, pull the hell over. My life is worth far more than the discussion of your happy-hour plans. I am pleased that this law is coming into effect soon.

:x
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Think it's also about 25 times more likely to get in a crash if texting versus driving undistracted and sober.

Texting, talking on cellphones... HANG UP AND DRIVE.

Post a Reply