A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

hwybear

Posting Awards

Slow Down - Hwy 401 West Of London

by: hwybear on

LONDON to WINDSOR on Hwy 401.

A friendly heads up....enforcement is being stepped up.

The already known area for enforcment is 124km-56km...Chatham-Kent

However, there are multiple construction zones recently set up in the 56km-8km (Essex area). These zones are posted at 80km/hr and are being heavily enforced day and night.

30 OVER (110km in an 80km zone) in a construction zone is an automatic summons and a court date. We are all well aware of the 50 over (130km in 80km zone), I will guess (not certain) the courts will be seeking close to $5k if a worker is present.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

Thanks Bear. Those construction zones really tick me off. While I understand the need to protect the construction workers, here's one example that really makes me boil over:

QEW - Hurontario to Mississauga.. It's been a "construction zone" and the speed limits have been reduced for months. I go by there at least 4 times a week (at various times) and I've NEVER seen any workers or work being done. Just the 80km/h signs and concrete barriers.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
BelSlySTi

by: BelSlySTi on

Thanks for the heads up Bear!

[img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l352/toastedwhitebread/Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg[/img]
tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

Ya no kidding Fire Start.

They have an OPP station right at that intersection at QEW & Hurontario.

A few weeks ago i saw an officer who was using an old on ramp that was down for construction sitting with lidar in the 80 zone. They had a tow truck waiting to.

130 = 50 over now LOL!

Those signs should say something not on sundays or days with no construction. That is a big mess there. The lanes get really tight.

Watch out along that stretch of highway on sundays. I have seen about 5 officers in a 4 km stretch along there on a sunday morning AM. 2 with customers, tim hortons, one on the other side, one with a lidar gun in about 5 km or less of stretch.

tdrive2

Anyways back to Post Topic never speed through Chatam and watch it west of london. The flow of traffic really slows down and when that thing turns into 2 lanes your toast.

I think that has to be some of the most aggressive OPP in the whole province for speed enforcement, unlike those guys that are on 400 sometimes that must be asleep.

I thought bear was joking when he said the flow of traffic there usually was around 115 which it was its not like the GTA at all there.

It is also carnage alley so they take it very serious there.

Careful at Bloomfield overpass in Chatam and Elgin rd in London. At elgin rd i have seen multiple officers on the ramps waiting.

Watch your speed west of london, always!

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Thanks for the heads-up, bear. (Will be passing through your territory on April 9.) Is that your unit or is it the OPP Essex traffic unit that is stepping it up toward Windsor?

tdrive2... Elgin Road overpass is a notorious speed trap. But the area to watch for in "Bear Country" is closer to Highgate and Ridgetown along the 401. I drove through there weekly from about the end of August until late December... living in Toronto, working in Detroit... :shock: (No longer doing that commute... now working in Toronto.) Anyway I'm sure I passed by hwybear a few times. Seemed like his cohorts, 90% of the time, were within 5 minutes of the Victoria Road overpass.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Just an additional FYI....

The fines are doubled in construction zones when workers present (anywhere in zone)......but if no workers fines are normal but still at 80km/hr.

RI - Due to the construction zone and complaints from workers, our cars are sliding down to bolster the area. April 9th eh?? If that might be after 6pm, might see "Da Bear" on "Da Hwy" :wink:

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Radar Identified

hwybear wrote:April 9th eh?? If that might be after 6pm, might see "Da Bear" on "Da Hwy"

Actually, that will be the time I'm travelling through your area. Have to work in the morning/early afternoon... but then driving down to Windsor to visit the in-laws for Easter. I'll wave if I see you. :wink:

tdrive2

Hey Radar Identified if you want to find bear i suggest putting a huge doughnut on your front license plate.

He'll pull out the lidar gun and happen to notice something quite amusing in the cross hairs :lol:

Either that or turn on your Fuzz Buster through Chatam and hell find you with his spectre.

I heard if you have a few dozen fresh boston cream and open the box when he pulls you might get a warning or a reduced ticket :wink:

Radar Identified

Would hope that the Boston Creams would work! Unfortunately... we're bringing our dog, who's a beagle/basset hound mix, with us... so he'd get to the Boston Creams before we could offer them. :shock:

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

tdrive2 wrote:I heard a tim hortons gift certificate might help. :wink:

Just use some sticky stuff to "glue" it to the driver's license, and "forget" about it when handing over the license...

Radar Identified

racer wrote:Just use some sticky stuff to "glue" it to the driver's license, and "forget" about it when handing over the license...

Now that might work! :lol: Yes, bribery is excellent... I mean illegal. Yeah, that's what I meant...

Post a Reply