A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Squishy

Crooked Parking

by: Squishy on

The Orillia parking bylaws aren't easily available, but I've checked the Toronto bylaws and can't find anything that says you must park within a marked parking space. Does this mean that those who park crooked across two spaces are breaking no laws? It happens often in the winter, and I can understand those who can't see the lines and park straddling a line. But those who park at an angle to everyone else are just being inconsiderate...but not breaking the law?

P.S. Found out Orillia's idling bylaw makes no exceptions for 'warming up' a vehicle. Sweet! :twisted:

ditchMD

by: ditchMD on

I've read my city's by-law and it does not mention anything about the requirement of parking within the lines. I've never seen a vehicle with a ticket for taking up more than one space. Not only inconsiderate drivers, but also vehicles with trailers, buses, etc...

However, if it's on-street parking, wouldn't that fall under the HTA?

Squishy

by: Squishy on

That should fall under s. 170 and REG. 604. Section 3 of REG. 604 says you can't encroach on a contiguous parking space for angle parking off the roadway, but it seems that marked parallel parking spots are meaningless.

FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

I know that the Toronto by laws have a provision for a motorcycle's angle to the curb (max 60deg). That's because many motorcycles park perpendicular to the curb. If a careless operator hits one motorcycle, it can cause a domino effect. However, if there is a maximum of 3 motorcycles (also a by law) and they're parked at an angle of 60 degrees, only one bike would get damaged.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Post a Reply