A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

dude

Posting Awards

How To File A Ticket And Request Trial During Covid?

by: dude on

I got a speeding ticket on lawrence ave E just west of Victoria park for doing 75km/hr in a 50km/hr zone. I swear lawrence is 60km/hr and not 50km/hr

Anyways I have 15 days to file the ticket since yesterday and i can't seem to find anything on how to file this ticket and request for trial during this pandemic.

If anyone has any information please share

highwaystar

Posting Awards

by: highwaystar on

The Ontario government extended their Declaration of Emergency until June 2, 2020. During such period all limitation periods are suspended. Of course, the Declaration may be extended again so you need to keep updating yourself on such news.

What that means is that you don't need to do anything until June 2/20---that's when your 15 days will begin so you can choose how you wish to handle your ticket.

You can read the court directives here.

highwaystar

Posting Awards

by: highwaystar on

The Ontario government extended the state of emergency until June 30, 2020. They haven't updated their websites, including their e-laws site, but you can read the Legislature's standing order here to rely on. That means the limitation periods are also extended. In these crazy times, its really hard to keep up with all the changes, especially when they don't update their own websites! :|

Post a Reply