Needtodrive

Will A Non-criminal Suspension In Ontario Carry Over To Bc?

by: Needtodrive on

Hi there, just wondering if a one year suspension for careless would carry over to BC if getting a license there, and would I have to apply for a new license and go through the learners process (Since I would not have my Ontario license to transfer over). I'd like to see if moving to BC would be a viable option to drive since I will not be able to this next year and insurance will be a lot more than I'll be able to afford. Advice really appreciated

greasespot

Posting Awards

by: greasespot on

When I Moved here from the west I had to supply proof that I had a DLL and a driver abstract before they would exchange it. They will check.

Plus most provinces have charges for Obtaining a DL knowing that a DL is suspended in another province. (This was more for pre-electronic information exchanges and here people would go over to Quebec) and then get caught in Ontario.

Plus most suspensions are listed in CPIC that the police will run you against.

OPS

Needtodrive

by: Needtodrive on

Yes I know it's totally the opposite way around for ontario residents and others that are part of the driving information (I cant remember the acronym) pact, I know that you have to show BC your abstract and license but I couldn't find any information that stated that you would be suspended in BC aswell, since they don't share driving records with any other provinces.

Post a Reply