Traffic ticket for Prohibited turns? Learn the Highway Traffic Act here.
Yogeswaran

Unauthorized Cross, At Portland And King St.

by: Yogeswaran on

One month before around 7 am in the busy traffic, while doing my Uber eats, I have crossed the Portland and king street intersection. Within a minute a Police officer stopped me and gave $110 with 2 demerit point ticket, and he instructs me to take the next and exit. He also advises me to apply the option 3 to go for court.

I really worried about the instant. I was not familiar with that area, and my mobile Eats app had a glitch. Just before the intersection, I got an order for the pickup. The GPS mistakenly identified I was heading to east. It said "Continue straight " and within few seconds changed to take right at the intersection. Even though I saw the sign but my bad I really confused with the app instruction and green light and green arrow at the signal.

I know it is my responsibility to follow the rules, I can' t blame the software. I have applied for the fight. Even Though I know the rules really worrying for the demerit points and insurance for my few seconds.

Is there any way to win or at least solve the case by with fine amount only. I am looking for some driver jobs. I am a newcomer, really it is not my intention. Kindly advice me. I am waiting for the mail from court.

Zatota

Posting Awards

by: Zatota on

The court can waive a fine, but not demerit points.

Obviously, you will want to request disclosure and take all the usual steps. In the meantime, this would be a minor offence for insurance purposes and would have the least possible impact. You're right that you can't "blame" it on the GPS. If you are truly concerned about the points (for example, if you have a novice licence), perhaps you can arrange a deal with the prosecutor to plead guilty to a similar offence with a similar fine but no points.

Yogeswaran

by: Yogeswaran on

Thank you for your reply. How can I arrange it. Is it available through online. I am a G license holder. But in Canada I have only 8 months of driving experience.

Post a Reply