A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

easycamper

Annual Inspection / Yellow Sticker When Towing Travel Trailer

by: easycamper on

I tow a travel trailer with my F-150. The trailer weighs 3700 kg. The truck and trailer together weigh 6400 kg.

So if I understand the regulations correctly, my trailer doesn't require an annual inspection because:

(a) it weighs less than 4500 kg

(b) even if it weighed more than 4500 kg, it would still be exempt because it's a "house trailer."

But the truck DOES require an annual inspection because the gross weight of the combination exceeds 4500 kg. The fact that it's only towing a house trailer doesn't matter. Correct?

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

by: FyreStorm on

Recreational trailers exempt, this regulation refers primarily to CVOR class vehicles engaged in commercial enterprises.

easycamper

by: easycamper on

Okay, thanks. I'll go with that. I definitely don't know anyone towing a recreational trailer who is getting annual inspections done on their trucks because of the recreational trailer.

ck811

by: ck811 on

Your truck MUST be registered for a minimum 6400kg. Therefore, it MUST have a yellow sticker. The travel trailer is EXEMPT, as long as it is a house trailer that is not disqualified under Reg. 611 8(9)2 (i.e. commercial or >50% floor space covered with animals, tools, equipment or vehicles).

Post a Reply