Improper right turn - Discuss the HTA here
Ohta2018-06

Ticketed For - Improper Right Turn At St.paul’s Square, Toronto

by: Ohta2018-06 on

Recently, on a weekend, I made a right hand turn from Bloor Street East on to

St.Paul’s Square. After making the turn, I was flagged down by an officer who had been sitting in his cruiser. (parked half on the sidewalk) The officer ticketed me for an improper right hand turn with a resulting fine of $110.00 and 2 demerit points.

I checked online and to my surprise found that police regularly

stake out this are, especially on weekends, handing out thousands of tickets over the course of the last 6 years on this street. .

In reviewing the traffic ticket, I noticed that the street is incorrectly spelled. Is this reason enough to have the charge overturned? If so, what is the process?

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

I don't know off the top of my head if there's any reduction available for this charge as it's pretty low as is. It doesn't cost you anything to try though, other than your time.

I wouldn't put too much thought into the points. They last 2 years from the day you got your ticket and then they disappear. Since you need a ridiculous amount of them in such a short period, they are rather meaningless to the average driver. It's very rare that someone posts here who is in danger of being suspended due to points (unless they are a novice).

Whether you have it reduced or not, it'll have the same exact impact on your insurance. Surcharge is going to be the same for all minor offenses. They wont care about your points.

Realistically, you'd only save on the fine amount by pleading guilty.

Post a Reply