Hit Really Soft Gravel And Flipped Car - Charged With Careless But No Officers Present

SharkBait08

Hit Really Soft Gravel And Flipped Car - Charged With Careless But No Officers Present

Unread post by SharkBait08 »

Hi guys,

I was travelling at about 6am on an un-lit road and hit a soft patch of gravel on the shoulder, causing my car to get sucked in to the patch of gravel. Trying to get out of it (travelling about 90km/hr) I lost control of the car and flipped it, totalling the car with *thankfully* little injuries sustained. Nobody/nothing else was injured or damaged. There were no cops or witnesses present, and I was charged with a Careless Driving Charge when I spoke with the police at the hospital (due to the time of the incident and no cell phone I flagged down the first car I saw to take me to a hospital - this has never happened to me before, I was in a panic, and didn't know what to do, I just knew I hurt pretty bad. Cops obviously found the car later and called around to hospitals, then came and talked to me about what happened). I can't POSSIBLY see how they can charge me with this when nobody was present, and was a complete freak accident. I just don't know how to fight it without a massive knowledge in traffic court law. Any help is appreciated!!!