Was This Ticket Improperly Written?

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

pinch

Was This Ticket Improperly Written?

Unread post by pinch »

On the lower part of the ticket I got, there is a space where the officer had to fill in my vehicle identification. Next to the plate number, he entered 09 as the year, and then the make of the car. My car is no where close to an '09. Is this enough to get me off the hook?

pinch

Unread post by pinch »

OK, how about this one:

There is a field below the plate number that has 2 boxes. One says Commercial, the other CVOR. Both has boxes where you're supposed to check YES.

The officer put a line through it making it look like he checked Yes, it was a commercial vehicle (mine is not)

pinch

Unread post by pinch »

Also, he marked the location of the infraction as and intersection, but not which side of the intersection (example: south east corner)

I thought they had to be specific.

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

I agree with Reflections.

Looks like you'll have to find another way of fighting this one. The only things that will invalidate the ticket are things like missing date, missing offence location, missing defendant name, things like that. Doesn't sound like any of the things on your ticket are a "fatal" error.

As for location, they could write down something like N/B YONGE STREET or THE KING'S HIGHWAY 401 and that is enough. Doesn't have to be pinpoint specific. Some US jurisdictions, yes, but not Ontario.