License Suspended But Ownership Of A Car?

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

rwarr

License Suspended But Ownership Of A Car?

Unread post by rwarr »

I can't seem to find any information on the MTO website regarding this or maybe I am not searching hard enough but can a person still have ownership of a car but have their license has been suspended due to medical reasons? Likely that person won't be driving but others will drive the car. Also, will this be an issue if that person still has a suspended license but wants to put their name on the ownership of a new car?

Thanks

viper1

Unread post by viper1 »

I am not sure about medical reasons. But I know that a person with a suspended license for unpaid fines can own as many cars as they can afford and insure.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Nanuk

Unread post by Nanuk »

Yes, a person who is medically suspended can have a vehicle registered in their name.

rwarr

Unread post by rwarr »

if the license has been returned to service ontario, is it still possible to register with out the license in hand? does the person need to go back to service ontario to get a new RIN?

Decatur

Posting Awards

Unread post by Decatur »

Having a valid licence is not a condition of owning a motor vehicle. Someone who's never had a licence can still own a motor vehicle. MTO simply creates a RIN for the person.

They'll likely use the old RIN.. (which in a lot of cases is the same as the DL number)