Les1

Disclosure Must Be Viewed "in Our Office"

by: Les1 on

I had requested disclosure for a speeding ticket I got. I was sent a letter that the disclosure must be viewed at the 2700 Eglinton office as it contains private information. From what I read this info is normally faxed or sent to you or at least can be picked up. Is this normal and how can I expect to retain info as I do not have a photo graphic memory. Any advise, comments or suggestions appreciated.

Les1

by: Les1 on

o a full copy of the police officers notes;

o a copy of both sides of the officers copy of the ticket (Notice of Offence);

o a typed version of any hand written notes;

o witness will say statements;

o witness statements;

o any statements made by the defendant;

o copies of the original notes of such statements; and

o the names and address, occupation and criminal record of the persons providing such information.

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

Ah. The "shopping list"

o a full copy of the police officers notes;

You'll get this

o a copy of both sides of the officers copy of the ticket (Notice of Offence);

You may get another of this. You may still have your copy

o a typed version of any hand written notes;

You won't get this unless item one isn't legible

o witness will say statements;

There won't be any other than the officer

o witness statements;

See above

o any statements made by the defendant;

You likely didn't give a statement

o copies of the original notes of such statements; and

See above

o the names and address, occupation and criminal record of the persons providing such information.

See the above two points

They may just mean that you have to go to that location to pick up the disclosure. Some courts will not mail it or send it by other means.

The only thing is, they've now advised you that disclosure is ready and any delays in picking it up may affect the time lines for any adjournment requests by you.

Whenaxis

Posting Awards

by: Whenaxis on

It's possible that the prosecution will be disclosing the "names and address, occupation and criminal record of the persons providing information". After the Supreme Court decision in R. v. McNeil, 2009 SCC 3, [2009] 1 S.C.R. 66, the prosecution is required to provide the defence with any criminal records or records of misconduct involving the police officer in the form of a "McNeil Report" (https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-c ... 4/index.do)

The only other items possibly involving "private information" would be if there is your personal information on the ticket or in the officer's notes.

If you are only allowed to view any disclosure items, ask if you can take a picture or otherwise take copious notes.

Post a Reply