jason3361

Can I Go To My Local Mississauga Provincial Office

by: jason3361 on

Hi there,

I have been reading the forum and learned some interesting information about speeding, traffic tickets, points, insurance, etc. and thought I through out my situation and see if anyone could offer me some advice/

I was returning home from Sauble Beach when i decided to pass some cars in the dedicated 2km passing zone of of highway 10 in Chatsworth (just outside Owen Sound)

unfortunately when you come to a passing zone people who were driving 80 along the single lane highway all speed up to 90 to 100 while going through dedicated passing zones.

either way when I pulled out to pass got clocked doing 114 km in and 80km zone as there was speeding trap at the end of the passing zone of course you don't see until you just come over the hill. It's a $259 ticket and four points, this is my first ticket after driving for 15 years.

anyways, it is a 3 hour drive to go to court and fight it is it worth it?

from my reading, it my understanding I can go to my local Mississauga provincial office to plead not guilty and request a trial. Is that Correct??

also, should i try to plead bargain just to get my ticket reduced can i do that at my local Mississauga provincial office or do i have to go to the Owen Sound location indicated on the back of the ticket ??

Thanks for your help

one expensive day at the beach!

Reflections

by: Reflections on

jason3361 wrote:Hi there,

I have been reading the forum and learned some interesting information about speeding, traffic tickets, points, insurance, etc. and thought I through out my situation and see if anyone could offer me some advice/

I was returning home from Sauble Beach when i decided to pass some cars in the dedicated 2km passing zone of of highway 10 in Chatsworth (just outside Owen Sound)

unfortunately when you come to a passing zone people who were driving 80 along the single lane highway all speed up to 90 to 100 while going through dedicated passing zones.

either way when I pulled out to pass got clocked doing 114 km in and 80km zone as there was speeding trap at the end of the passing zone of course you don't see until you just come over the hill. It's a $259 ticket and four points, this is my first ticket after driving for 15 years.

anyways, it is a 3 hour drive to go to court and fight it is it worth it?

from my reading, it my understanding I can go to my local Mississauga provincial office to plead not guilty and request a trial. Is that Correct??

also, should i try to plead bargain just to get my ticket reduced can i do that at my local Mississauga provincial office or do i have to go to the Owen Sound location indicated on the back of the ticket ??

Thanks for your help

one expensive day at the beach!

Motions can be filed in Mississauga, such as filing the ticket, but to fully fight the ticket you'll have to go to Owen Sound, for trial.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
jason3361

by: jason3361 on

thanks for the reply.....I guess i will head of to the local office today and start the process. As much as i think i will take this ticket to court. I really don't think i have any chance unless the officer doesn't show up......and being in Owen Sound more and likely he will

Post a Reply