A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
clhastings73

Speeding Ticket, Wrong Time Of Day Put On.

by: clhastings73 on

was pulled over for speeding the police did not tell me how fast I was going but when he came back with my ticket he said he dropped it to 89 in a 70. When I got home I noticed he put 2:25 pm on it and I would have been at work at that time Should have been 4:25p.m. Can I plea not guilty do to the time being wrong? And if so would I need to hire a paralegal for it?

Observer135

Posting Awards

by: Observer135 on

+1, if you bring this up before trial it will simply be corrected.

But, if you get the officer on the stand, you could use this in conjunction with other matter(s) to bring reasonable doubt and to the fact that the officer is only human and can make a mistake.

Thus, perhaps he made a mistake reading the speed on his radar the same way he made a mistake reading his watch/clock and you were not in fact traveling at said speed.

rank

by: rank on

Observer135 wrote:+1, if you bring this up before trial it will simply be corrected.

But, if you get the officer on the stand, you could use this in conjunction with other matter(s) to bring reasonable doubt and to the fact that the officer is only human and can make a mistake.

Thus, perhaps he made a mistake reading the speed on his radar the same way he made a mistake reading his watch/clock and you were not in fact traveling at said speed.

+1. I was once issued a ticket at 12:30 pm but the officer wrote the time down as 12:30 AM. It's pitch black at 12:30 AM. How can an officer make that mistake? Did he fill parts of the ticket out prior to the stop? Why? If he is prone to taking short cuts then maybe he short cutted the radar test procedure and probably the procedure for shooting the subject vehicle.

Post a Reply