Wrong Address On Ticket - Resolution/conviction Wrong Addres

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

Fatrick

Wrong Address On Ticket - Resolution/conviction Wrong Addres

Unread post by Fatrick »

I was recently given a speeding ticket by the CN Police for going 86 in 60. The officer wrote me a ticket. On the ticket, the address is incorrect, the spelling of the street it happened on is incorrect and he marked the wrong sex (Female instead of Male). Although non-fatal errors, that is 3 on 1 ticket. It would lead me to ask whether he was able to read the radar correctly. With that being said, I opted for early resolution to see what would happen. The documents for the early resolution were sent to the wrong address (76 instead of 74), and subsequently, a conviction notice as I did not attend the resolution due to not receiving the notice. My neighbor just brought me the two envelopes. What can be done about this? I am assuming I can have the conviction overturned and have the right to a trial. Some help would be appreciated.

ynotp

Posting Awards

Unread post by ynotp »

You can attend the court and fill out the paperwork to ask for a reopening of the case. Then request disclosure when you have a new court date.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by jsherk »

Since it was obviously sent to the wrong address (will be marked on the notice) and you can show you live at difference address (what is on your drivers license) then there should not be an issue getting it reopened.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++