A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Waiting In Drive-thru For Your Dd Can Get Very Costly...

by: racer on

Yahoo reports here that police might start ticketing Charlotte residents who wait for their Tim Horton's drive-thru on the city roads. Your opinions?

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Reflections

by: Reflections on

If the line up is that long, park your car and go inside, probably faster anyway.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
BelSlySTi

by: BelSlySTi on

Really I don't agree with it at all, but why not just go in and get your order, even then they have 10 people on drive thru and 2 for counter service!

I think they should starting ticketing the idiot who decides to do his Christmas shopping while there is 10 cars behind him, or even blame Timmys for allowing such orders to be placed!

[img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l352/toastedwhitebread/Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg[/img]
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

ah my pet peeve of all....Tim's drive-thrus

Only things that should be allowed at a drive thru are things that don't take time (drinks, donuts, muffins and plain bagels) to a maximum of 6 of each (not a whole office order either)

Anything made to go....soups, sandwichs, toasted bagel etc.....more than an order of 6, walk your ass indoors and free up the actual "drive thru"!

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

Why doesn't Julian Fantino make a new law the OPP could enforce. This must be the solution (sarcasm)

If you are causing traffic backups then they should tow your car on the spot. Then they should also take your order from the drive through and give it to charity.

They should come up with a new Law called Street Parking or something like that. I mean come on they could tow your car, suspend your license for 7 days, and take your food and give it to the local food bank for clogging a drive through. Mind you all those tail-gaters traveling to close in the drive through!

I hope Fantino can help save our lives there to.

Maybee the provincial government can also ban the sale of fast food to obese people and charge them with conspiracy to commit murder on them selves or we should also have the government ban the sale of cigarettes to people with lung cancer or asthma.

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

tdrive2 wrote:Why doesn't Julian Fantino make a new law the OPP could enforce. This must be the solution (sarcasm)

If you are causing traffic backups then they should tow your car on the spot. Then they should also take your order from the drive through and give it to charity.

They should come up with a new Law called Street Parking or something like that. I mean come on they could tow your car, suspend your license for 7 days, and take your food and give it to the local food bank for clogging a drive through. Mind you all those tail-gaters traveling to close in the drive through!

I hope Fantino can help save our lives there to.

For one, this is an out of province news, so Fantino can do nothing there. I'm sure he would if he could though!

tdrive2 wrote:Maybee the provincial government can also ban the sale of fast food to obese people and charge them with conspiracy to commit murder on them selves or we should also have the government ban the sale of cigarettes to people with lung cancer or asthma.

If fast food were banned, would we have obese people? The government has already tried to deny any hospital care to smokers, but they failed to realize that cigarette taxes pay for ALL the healthcare. So I say don't ban fast food. Tax it to death!

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

racer wrote: So I say don't ban fast food. Tax it to death!

Then use that tax to build more recreational facilities (pools, gyms, arenas, courts etc..) to get the obese people away from computers ( :shock: doh!! ), gaming and doing some exercise of something.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

hwybear wrote:
racer wrote: So I say don't ban fast food. Tax it to death!

Then use that tax to build more recreational facilities (pools, gyms, arenas, courts etc..) to get the obese people away from computers ( :shock: doh!! ), gaming and doing some exercise of something.

Yup. We need way more soccer fields! In Guelph, close to where I live, they are building a new strip mall (South of town, Gordon at Clair St.), that is in addition to another strip mall that was built just across the X-road, and there is a brand new subdivision with close to 2500 homes/units. Would have been a perfect place to build a new community centre or a recreational park, or a pool, or somehting! But they decided to build a strip mall, because it makes money...

viper1

by: viper1 on

If you just move your car up a bit every 3 minutes

really nothing they can do.

Cheers

cindan

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Post a Reply