vonivo

139 In A 100 Qew Wrong Info On Ticket Need Advice

by: vonivo on

Hello all and first let me thank you for you help,

I live in New York but my fiancee lives in Toronto so I drive back and forth quite often. On the day in question I was pulled over by OPP and ticketed for going 139 in a 100, I was going with the flow of traffic where the car in the left lane was actually pulling away from me, but that is not what my question is about. I opted for the trial by phone as i live quite far away from the court where the ticket will be heard in (my first ticket in over ten years). Everything is correctly filled out on the ticket except two areas. Next to my drivers license number he wrote the issuing province is Ontario and next to the license plate numbers he also wrote that it was Ontario where in both of these cases they are issued from New York (NY plates and NY drivers license). Is this considered a fatal flaw? Is it useful in fighting my ticket when I have my phone call trial?

Thank you for your help.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

It is not a fatal flaw. Your best bet is to ignore those errors and not even mention them (as you do not want them to be corrected). If you are convicted, then maybe those errors will be enough to confuse the system so it does not end up showing up on your NY driving record. No guarantees of course, but if you mention the errors then they will just amend/correct the ticket, so you are better to not mention it.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply