A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

Mugwug

by: Mugwug on

Fail to surrender licence, fail to surrender vehicle permit (HTA) and fail to have/surrender insurance card (CAIA) at a minimum.... Of course this assumes that the driver merely fails to produce his DL and doesn't refuse to identify himself when asked.

Obviously more charges would apply if additional problems were identified in the subsequent investigation (invalid or suspended licence, lack of insurance, etc etc etc). I wouldn't expect to be on my way for a little while with that many documentary issues.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

What happens if somebody can not produce their drivers license, say because they forgot their wallet at home, but identifies themselves and is given a "fail to produce their license" charge... are they then sent on their merry way (still without their license) or could their vehicle be towed/impounded?

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

Verbal is fine as we have in car access to the MTO photo data base. But your still getting the fail to produce ticket. If it is during business hours I have some feeing the vehicle has no insurance i also contacted the insurance companies to check for valid ins.

If you do not want to tell me who your insurance company is then I just part three for all and use fail to have insurance and tow the car.

ops

Observer135

Posting Awards

by: Observer135 on

Decatur wrote:And by "we" he probably means OPP. No municipal access in car.

I think they do now, according to disclosure I received from YRP, there is a little blurb saying "digital photo on file" that leads me to believe office had access to MTO database from his cruiser and verified DL photo to that on file with MTO.

Not sure why or what is the significance of this on the disclosure, but it's there.

Post a Reply