beast151984

Summons To Court For Drive While Suspended

by: beast151984 on

Hi there i was wondering if anyone could help me out with this i recently got pulled over and told my licence was suspended for upaid fines. I had forgotten about the ticket as it has been a year since the offence. I never got a letter in the mail stating my licence was to be suspended for upaid fines. Otherwise i wouldnt have been driving. As soon as the officer gave me the summons he didnt fine me just gave me tge summons to court i paid the court for my ticket and the mto my reinstatement fee the very next day. Got my licence back a few days afterward. What i want to know is there going to be a fine or another suspension? By trade im a truck driver who is in the process of gettibg hired on with a company. So i cant be without a licence as i need it to make my livelyhood. And if there is a fine im o a fixed income and cant afford much especially after paying tge fine and tge mto. Any help would be great thank you in advance.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

What you can do, since your situation seems to be a mistake rather than intentionally driving suspended, is go to the trial date and discuss the situation with the Prosecutor... stating more or less what you did above. Bring your proof of reinstatement & payment to show just how quickly you acted. Often (but not always) the Prosecutor will simply drop the offence to "drive with no licence," which is a fine and no further suspension. That's probably your best bet here.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply