A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

joeyzen

License Reinstatement

by: joeyzen on

Hello,

Hoping to find a bit of help. License was suspended for 2 years for DUI and dangerous driving. That time is about to expire. I know I need to pay a reinstatement fee of $150. Can I pay that early? Do I have to wait to get a letter of reinstatement?

What kind if testing do I have to do before I can get it back?

What I read is just a vision test but apparently I have to do a written and road test too?

If I have to do a road test, and I do require an ignition interlock am I able to drive a car for the road test that does not have an interlock installed?

Any help would be appreciated

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

1) You won't be able to pay the fee until your licence can be reinstated.

2) That would depend on the class of licence you had when you were suspended. If it was a full G, you should only require an eye test. You will also likely be required to complete the "Back on Track" programme due to your impaired conviction.

3) I believe the Back on Track programme is classroom based, but could be wrong.

4) No. If you have an interlock requirement on your licence, ANY vehicle you drive must have one installed.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

@Sean98 - I don't think a Los Angeles lawyer will help much in Ontario. Also he reported that he has already been found guilty and the 2 years is almost up, so still doesn't need a lawyer for that.

@joeyzen - Best to just go to MTO office and ask all your questions to them and they will tell you whole process.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply