Licence Reinstatement Over 10 Years

jennie1976

Licence Reinstatement Over 10 Years

Unread post by jennie1976 »

I would like to reinstate my licence which was suspended for DUI in 2000. I had a fine which was paid and a one year suspension. Since this had happened, I have had to put getting my licence back on hold as there was no way financially I could afford a car and insurance. It has certainly been a very long struggle. This was my first and only offense and it has taken me many years to even begin to think about driving again. I have tried to find information on the internet and am confused with my findings. Do I need to take a Back On Track program & have an ignition lock? I thought that the program was to be taken after the suspension before I got my licence back and I read that is was suppose to be taken during the suspension? I would really appreciate if I could be explained the steps I need to take so I can hopefully begin the process of getting my licence.

ynotp

Posting Awards

Unread post by ynotp »

You paid the fine 10 years ago as well? Were you told you needed to take part in the back on track program? The ignition interlock condition is placed on your licence once your suspension is over for a specified period of time. If your license expired that long ago and never renewed you will have to start over and go through the graduated licensing system. You are best off by going to the court house that dealt with your case and making an inquiry they should be able tell you what you need to know. The MTO office should have this information on their system as well.