A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Memo1

Pleading Guilty To A Charge That Is A Non-moving Violation?

by: Memo1 on

My speeding ticket has the minimum fine and no points but if I'm convicted it will still affect my insurance.

Is it possible to negotiate pleading guilty to a charge that is a non-moving violation, which won't affect the insurance (something like no seatbelt as a passenger or red light camera tickets)? Thanks.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Memo1 wrote:

Is it possible to negotiate pleading guilty to a charge that is a non-moving violation, which won't affect the insurance (something like no seatbelt as a passenger or red light camera tickets)? Thanks.

No. It has to be in the same realm. Your speeding ticket can be reduced in terms of km's, but that's it. They aren't going to charge you with something completely unrelated.

Memo1

by: Memo1 on

bend wrote:
Memo1 wrote:

No. It has to be in the same realm. Your speeding ticket can be reduced in terms of km's, but that's it. They aren't going to charge you with something completely unrelated.

Thanks, Bend. So I guess, in my case (speeding 70km/hr in 60 zone, Toatal Payable: $40), there is nothing to negotiate and no ticket fighter/paralegal would be of any help.

Post a Reply