A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Mrfabulousmax

Dmv "no Currently Validated Permit"

by: Mrfabulousmax on

Hi I've been reading throughout this forum a lot and have not found a case that is similar to mine. I was pulled over in Richmond hill area earlier today and was given a ticket for no currently validated permit. The car was validated and the sticker was placed properly on the license plate but I had accidentally brought my certification permit paper that I had for 2014, I had misplaced this one last year and had just found it and got it mixed up with my 2015 one. Can I fight the ticket or do I have to take the fine for forgetting the right paper. My vehicle was properly permitted and is until DEC 2015. Thanks a lot !

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Just to clarify, you gave the cop your old certification paper?

You can fight the ticket. In this case, because you did have a properly validated permit, the Prosecutor might drop the charge. Just show them the updated paperwork and say that you gave the cop the wrong paperwork, but it was valid. In a lot of cases, that should do it...

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

When you renew your validation there are 2 stickers that need to be affixed. One on the plate and the other onto the back of the permit. The offence is for no currently validated permit, is for not having the current validation affixed to the back of the permit (aka ownership). Hence for those that photocopy their ownerships, they need to copy the backs of the permit every time they obtain the new validation

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply