A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

tdrive2

Speed Trap Locations On 400 Series Highways

by: tdrive2 on

Hey guys i just started a thread here so we could share common speed trap locations on major 400 Series highways.

i don't know of anything in particular.

The only 2 things that seem to work for me is always look under the overpass and slow down under and near bridges, don't speed continuously. And constantly watch your mirrors and the behavior of other vehicles.

Another that i have noticed is often now officers like to wait on the highway. Instead of having to get out of the car and sit on the side of the road which i am sure is dangerous. I know their vehicles have always on radar facing the back and maybe the front that say how fast an object is approaching. So next time your in the left lane or approaching a vehicle quickly give your beams a flash to see if the bumber has anything reflective on it.

tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

- From what i hear around london (carnage alley) and the windsor area is heavily enforced. I have heard it is a 2 lane road on each side with a grass median which would be perfect for an officer to wait in the middle to check for speeders.

- Apparently highway 400 on the way to Orillia and Barrie is where they use the plane and is heavily enforced. (ALOT of people speed here i have seen with my own eyes).

- Also on the 401 Near exit 279 there is a service station and a truck stop they sit in the truck stop and radar cars going by and will come after speeders.

- Admin pointed out in guelph near #6 getting on and off the 401 is a bad place aswell.

Any other tips appreciated!

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply