Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
TREX

Section 182 (2) Disobey Sign

by: TREX on

Hey this is my first time here and so glad I found this site (Thanks to all in advance)

My friend got a disobey sign ticket but I don't want to fight it - I was just wondering if there is a charge I can get it reduced to with no demerit points (like speeding 15 under = 0 demerit points) Is there something along those lines for this kind of charge???

She turned left into a mall and the sign says No Left Turns

any help would be appreciated - any section #'s would help

Thanks

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

The crown is guaranteed going to find an amended zero point charge. Especially if the alleged offence took place inside or near a traffic-signal controlled intersection, then they have a slew of zero point charges available to them.

Example

S144 (12) - Green light — fail to proceed as directed

S144 (10) Disobey lane light

TREX

by: TREX on

Thanks for the info guys - but it was not at an intersection with lights it was just a "No Left Turn" off a Main Street - I'll keep checking the H.T.A. but if anybody knows any other 0 point charges please let me know

Thanks in advance

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

The more rockets you have on your record the less likely you will be offered a 0 points deal, but that being said the more convictions caused by rockets (even 0 point ones) the less likely your friend will be insurable and that is tantamount to losing your license.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

TREX wrote:So my friend does not loose her Licence as she had quite a few rockets in the last 2 years

It would probably be in your friends interest to request a trial. The points wont show up until a conviction and any outstanding points will continue to roll off in the meantime. You'll also have a meeting with the prosecutor on that date anyways. 90% of people who book a trial end up taking a plea deal on that date and forgo a trial.

As already pointed out, insurance is going to be a whole different issue.

Post a Reply