patterjohn88

(dashcam Video) Ran Red Light Or Not?

by: patterjohn88 on

Hey folks. New forumer here.

Just curious to hear a few opinions on the following video taken at a photo enforced intersection.

As you can see, the light was still yellow for a fraction of a second as the camera-car entered the intersection (crossed the stop line), but it was close.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4ypygs33j1or ... B.mp4?dl=0
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Hard to say from that point of view. It certainly appeared like you had more then enough time to safely stop regardless if the light was amber or red. Did you actually receive a ticket? It's pretty easy to tell looking at the photos on the ticket since it shows the position of your car at the time the light actually turned red.

patterjohn88

by: patterjohn88 on

Stanton wrote:Hard to say from that point of view. It certainly appeared like you had more then enough time to safely stop regardless if the light was amber or red. Did you actually receive a ticket? It's pretty easy to tell looking at the photos on the ticket since it shows the position of your car at the time the light actually turned red.

No ticket thus far-- any idea how long it may take to arrive if one were issued?

Even though the wide angle lens makes the intersection look much further than it was, I definitely could have stopped (not sure why I didn't). There were no flashes so I don't think the RLC system took any photos, but I am still a bit concerned regardless.

Would appreciate any other opinions.

CliffClaven

by: CliffClaven on

The video clearly shows the light turning amber way before you even hit the Esso station entrance.

As I see it, the video definitely shows you running a red light. And I'd say you had plenty of time to stop for the amber. Sorry.

That said, I don't know whether this will trigger a red light camera ticket. The light seems to turn red a split second after your car crossed into the intersection.

Post a Reply