Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

I'm assuming she parked in a disabled spot, right?

Were you going to walk out to the disabled parking space after the concert? If so, if you go to court you probably could explain to the Prosecutor the circumstances. However, if your daughter was going to pick you up again and not have you walk out to the car, then if she parked in a disabled spot there isn't much recourse here. (Although I could be wrong.)

If she just parked in a regular spot with the disabled permit I don't see what the problem is...

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
JohnnyPublic

by: JohnnyPublic on

The By-Law officer does not have the right to confiscate the disabled parking permit after your daughter explained the circumstances. So long as it was explained that you would be walking to the car after the concert.

Fight the ticket in court and also lodge a complaint with the municipality regarding the By-Law officer.

If however your daughter told the by-law officer that she had dropped you off and was going to meet you at the concert and then pick you up afterwards, then she was in violation of using the parking permit.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

I think if your daughter explains and you can prove you were at the concert too, the ticket will be dropped. If you can't prove you were there, then the parking enforcement is correct.

JohnnyPublic

by: JohnnyPublic on

Decatur wrote:Sorry JohnnyPublic, a bylaw officer can seize and hold an accessible parking permit if they have reasonable grounds to believe that it has been used while in contravention of a bylaw.

That may be all well and good. But if she explained that her grandfather was at the concert and would be walking back to the car, then the ByLaw officer does not have reasonable grounds and is providing a hardship for a rightful permit holder. Keep in mind that they no longer have only to deal with By-Laws. They also need to deal with the AODA regulations that may come into play.

At the very least the By-Law officer will get a reaming from someone at city hall.

But as I said, if that wasn't how it went down, then the BLO is right to have taken it.

Post a Reply