A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Would you like to have your own BLOG on OHTA.ca?

Yes
57%
No
29%
What in the world is a Blog?!!?
14%

Total votes: 7

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

Would You Want Your Own Blog On Ohta.ca?

by: admin on

We are considering adding a BLOG feature, where users can create their own Blog space on OHTA.ca to Rant about whatever they want really.

YOU would get your OWN personal Blog space, URL, and you can receive comments to your posts.

If that is something that might interest you guys, comment here.

If this creates some interest, we may start off with a Beta program, and will issue Blogs to Senior members at first only.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Maybe...

Couple of questions, admin: Who would be a senior member? Obviously people such as yourself, hwybear, ticketcombat and racer would qualify. Have you decided on a cutoff point for the first group yet? Just curious...

BelSlySTi

by: BelSlySTi on

I voted no, there's ample providers out there for Blogging!

[img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l352/toastedwhitebread/Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg[/img]
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

i'm out of the loop....don't even know what the hell a "blog" is.....sounds like a swamp to me :lol:

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

hwybear wrote:i'm out of the loop....don't even know what the hell a "blog" is.....sounds like a swamp to me :lol:

LoL well its not a swamp...

A blog is basically a way to express yourself kind of similar to an online Diary.

Each new blog entry would be displayed on your blog page, and other members would be able to read and comment on your blog posts.

See:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A blog (a contraction of the term "Web log") is a Web site, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (artlog), photographs (photoblog), sketches (sketchblog), videos (vlog), music (MP3 blog), audio (podcasting), which are part of a wider network of social media. Micro-blogging is another type of blogging, one which consists of blogs with very short posts. As of December 2007, blog search engine Technorati was tracking more than 112 million blogs.[1] With the advent of video blogging, the word blog has taken on an even looser meaning — that of any bit of media wherein the subject expresses his opinion or simply talks about something.

See:

www.Blogger.com - One of the most popular Blogging systems around. Owned by Google, and is Free to use. Allows you to create your own free blog.

The Blog feature we would implement would allow you to Create your own Free blog directly on OHTA.ca.
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

I think it is a good idea, but I think that there is no real need to have the cutoff point at this time. I can see where you are coming from (want more-or-less regular posters), but I think one or two junior members would love blog, as their posts are similar to blog comments. Also, how would the blog page link look like? Something like www.ohta.ca/blog/racer/ ?

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply