A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

miljan77

Suspended License, Violation Of Curfew

by: miljan77 on

i lost my license in an accident i had to due my exceeding amount of demerit points. i went to jail and made bail i was put on a curfew of 9am to 9pm stupidly enough i did not follow and i got pulled over for driving with a different cars license plates, no insurance, and violating my curfew... i have court for insurance ticket and plates ticket... what will happen just curious?

thanks in advance

cruzmisl

by: cruzmisl on

You don't get arrested and have conditions placed on you for losing your licence due to demerit points. Conditions are for criminal offences so what were you charged with?

Misuse is about $300, no insurance (if you're the owner) is $5000 and violating your curfew is criminal so your penalty is up to the judge.

Last edited by cruzmisl on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miljan77

i was charged with dangerous driving, i also wrote my first post a bit confusing so let me fix it up "i lost my license because of an accident i had and due to my exceeding amount of demerit points" sorry about that i was drunk while driving but they did not charge me for that the officers took me to the hospital to get stitches and than right after to jail and i had a judge tell me that im gonna have to be away from any motor vehicle and to be in by 9 pm my verdict for that is on july 5 2009 i was waiting for that court date and i got caught driving with no license plates no license and no insurance at 2 am the officer charged me with driving with no license, no insurance and driving with a suspended license he did not charge me for violating me my curfew although he knew. I think he just let me off on that one, now i have another court date on january 13 2009 for that i was just wondering what you think would be the sentence and would there be any jail time involved i am 17 years old by the way. thanks alot

cruzmisl

by: cruzmisl on

You weren't charged with the curfew so no criminal offence. Provincial offences rarely result in jail time.

miljan77

i already have a lawyer thanks though. But i was wondering since my court date for july 5 2009 wasnt settled and stuff when the judge sees what happened that day when i got pulled over would he be able to charge me... btw i figured out that my license wasnt suspended i was just out on bail with conditions my license got fully suspended when i got pulled over i thought he charged me with driving with a suspended license but no he suspended my license that day... and when the judge on july 5th sees that it got suspended hell look into why it did wont he? and all in all would anyone know the final END result of what could happen?... thanks to everyone im just really scared and confused about this. i have no clue whats gonna happen so any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Post a Reply