No Parking Except Permit, But No Sign Posted!

greenbox

No Parking Except Permit, But No Sign Posted!

Unread post by greenbox »

Hey,

I entered a street from the east, and drove west. I saw a sign that said parking was enforced until 9pm and about 5 meters west the sign i parked infront of a pay station. The sign post nor the pay station said anything about a permit after 12:01am. I paid went back in the direction in which i came.

I returned to my car at 1am and got a ticket. I canvased the street, and near the end of the street, about 100m west of my car, there was another sign that said you need a permit.

I never travelled in that direction and parked right in front of a valid sign. Shouldn't both signs have had the "no parking except for permit"?

It's not worth me to go fight the ticket, can i fax in my pictures to an official or dispute it in another way?

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

greenbox wrote:Hey,

I entered a street from the east, and drove west. I saw a sign that said parking was enforced until 9pm and about 5 meters west the sign i parked infront of a pay station. The sign post nor the pay station said anything about a permit after 12:01am. I paid went back in the direction in which i came.

I returned to my car at 1am and got a ticket. I canvased the street, and near the end of the street, about 100m west of my car, there was another sign that said you need a permit.

I never travelled in that direction and parked right in front of a valid sign. Shouldn't both signs have had the "no parking except for permit"?

You will have to look into the bylaws from the city/town you were charged in. It's not a Highway Traffic Act issue and each city will have different regulations on these particular signs (eg. some cities require handicap spots to be marked on the ground, some only require a sign). It will usually go into detail about how they are to be displayed and how far apart they are supposed to be.