Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
mikarakolev

Help- Turn Not In Safety

by: mikarakolev on

I was making a left turn on a busy intersection. I had green left arrow and a vehicle infront of me. That vehicle stopped in the middle of the intersection and than proceeded and by that time the left arrow was gone and only green light was left. I Had to stop and wait for the incoming traffic to pass. It was finally red and the two incoming lanes vehicles stopped, the third (far right) lane was empty, so I checked for running late pedestrians and proceeded to my left turn. At the end of my turn I collided with a vehicle coming from that empty lane. I was charged with Turn not in safety.

I picked to talk to prosecutor and there was no deal but only information that my ticket can go from my 110 on the ticket to up to 1000 and from 2 to 6 points. I have to plead guilty or bigger fine is wating for me.

How can I defend myself? It happened on Dundas and Winston Churchil In Mississauga. I don't know waht did the other driver say, but I was told from the prosecutor, that he sad it was his green.

Please Help!!!

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

mikarakolev wrote:I picked to talk to prosecutor and there was no deal but only information that my ticket can go from my 110 on the ticket to up to 1000 and from 2 to 6 points.

That's incorrect. The charge of turn not in safety carries 2 demerit points. Even if you're convicted at trial, the prosecutor cannot request additional demerit points.

mikarakolev

by: mikarakolev on

Thank you, that are good news . How can I get the report that the police created at the scene. By the way police arrived 45 min. after the incident. Will that report be included in the disclosure from the prosecutors office? My only defence for now is my word against the other drivers and pictures from my point of view of the intersection. Thank you.

Post a Reply