Improper right turn - Discuss the HTA here
grimsin

Turn Not In Safety

by: grimsin on

Hello all, im 28 years old and my driving record is completely clean except for now something that happen 2 days ago..

I have my AZ licence(commercial licence for you US peoples :D ) got it a month ago, any ways I was driving a big rig truck and was at a intersection and the intersection had a green light for me to proceed to do my turn.

so I looked at my surrounding being a very tight intersection for a 53 foot truck to make a right turn and saw a black honda civic in the lane oncoming lane that I needed to take up to proceed to make my right hand turn correctly/safely, but the civic was far enough away and slowing down that I thought he was going to stop giving me the distance I needed to take my turn... well I was wrong and he kept on rolling so I had to swerve hard right and slammed my brake but I bent traffic light.

so I am fighting this ticket with a traffic lawyer, not to really say I wasn't in the wrong just to have them drop the points so it doesn't affect my licence as this is my career now and I have major debt going to school for this career and with these points on my licence I will not get a good job/career..

anyone have any experience with fighting this ticket? any comments would be appreciated

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

grimsin wrote:Hello all, im 28 years old and my driving record is completely clean except for now something that happen 2 days ago..

I have my AZ licence(commercial licence for you US peoples :D ) got it a month ago, any ways I was driving a big rig truck and was at a intersection and the intersection had a green light for me to proceed to do my turn.

so I looked at my surrounding being a very tight intersection for a 53 foot truck to make a right turn and saw a black honda civic in the lane oncoming lane that I needed to take up to proceed to make my right hand turn correctly/safely, but the civic was far enough away and slowing down that I thought he was going to stop giving me the distance I needed to take my turn... well I was wrong and he kept on rolling so I had to swerve hard right and slammed my brake but I bent traffic light.

so I am fighting this ticket with a traffic lawyer, not to really say I wasn't in the wrong just to have them drop the points so it doesn't affect my licence as this is my career now and I have major debt going to school for this career and with these points on my licence I will not get a good job/career..

anyone have any experience with fighting this ticket? any comments would be appreciated

They just don't drop the points. They have to find a lesser charge so when the MTO gets your conviction, they automatically add the appropriate points.

Usually "Turn not in safety" is the reduced charge for other more serious charges. I don't know off the top of my mind what they can reduce this to. Maybe someone else can chime in.

grimsin

by: grimsin on

so thanks for all the suggestions lmao.

so my case was yesterday, my lawyer said this could come out 3 different ways.

my ticket was "unsafe turn" and took 5 cvor points and 3 demerit points

1: 3 cvor points

2: 2 cvor point

3: 1 cvor point

i forget what the demerit points could of been lowered too cause i was just interested in my cvor point as it effects my job.

ANYWAY, he called me today and told me that he got it brought it down to 1 cvor point and 0 demerit points "interfering with traffic" Very Happy!!

lawyer was worth every penny as i doubt I could of talked the prosecutor down that far.

Post a Reply