A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
solidbs

Already Got A Roadside Break... Should I Request Trial?

by: solidbs on

Officer reported I was going 77 in a 50 zone (showed me on the radar gun) and gave me a ticket for 65 in a 50 zone (he said it was no points and much lesser fine). I was glad about that part. What I wasn't glad about was that I almost never speed and I didn't even realize I was speeding because I was driving the group home's vehicle (I drive kids around) that I'm not accustomed to (of course, the law doesn't care about that). I didn't mention it to the cop, I just looked at him and didn't say anything. I wonder what would have happened if I had said that to him (probably nothing good... that's why I didn't say it LOL).

Last time I requested a trial for an illegal right turn it was dropped down automatically to a lesser charge.

Anybody think there's any more wiggle room on this ticket that it's worth requesting a trial for?

saxy

by: saxy on

Insurance can see (I say can, not will, because they'll only see it if they pull your file) it only after conviction, so if your trial date is assigned to a date after your renewal date, you'll be better off. That said, insurance companies rarely pull the file on even renewals, unless you're on facility. The less the insurance knows, the better, though, and delaying a conviction past any possible file-checks should help that.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

solidbs wrote:Can anyone verify if delaying the ticket through trial would save me on insurance?

It would only delay your conviction.

If you have reason to want to delay this ticket (eg. another ticket from 2 years ago), then yes, you may be able to save on insurance that way. You'll have one ticket show up on your abstract instead of the two.

Post a Reply