germanscorpian

Question About Form 11b

by: germanscorpian on

I received 3 tickets on November 7, 2012 and filed a request for trial on November 27, 2012 (speeding 80 in a 60; no driver license and no permit). My court date has been set for October 23, 2013 (first notice). By the information I have read on this site, I understand that there should be a time period "generally 11 month or more" in order to use the 11B. From the date of requesting the trial (Nov 7) to the date of the trial (Oct 23) I have calculated that 10 months and 26 days have passed. I am just short a few days. So my quesiton is - is it worthwhile to try and file Form 11B??

I have to request an adjornment as I will be out of the country from Sept 25 returning Nov 7th. I understand that I cannot use this time period in the calculations as it is a request I am making (not the Crown). I am going to fax a letter along with my itinerary to the Crown and ask for a date after I return and also request disclosure. If you think I should file an 11B, should I file it when I request the adjournment or file it after my return?

I look forward to somone's reply and help.

Thank you!

Post a Reply