driver623

Was I Wrong?

by: driver623 on

I stopped at a intersection and a school bus that has the stop sign out was stopped was at the opposite lane. I knew that I have to stop but I also know that if there's a median strip on the road I don't need to. After letting a kid cross the road ahead of me, I slowly go forward only to be yelled at by the bus driver to stop. I am confused. I remember clearly from the drivers' handbook that any road with median strip you don't need to yield for school bus from the opposite lane. But I was crossing an intersection on the road that has median strips, maybe that's the area that doesn't count as a median strip road? I am worried that I'll get a ticket...

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statut ... .htm#BK254

HTA S. 175 (11)

Duty of drivers when school bus stopped

(11) Every driver or street car operator, when meeting on a highway, other than a highway with a median strip, a stopped school bus that has its overhead red signal-lights flashing, shall stop before reaching the bus and shall not proceed until the bus moves or the overhead red signal-lights have stopped flashing. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 175 (11).

the HTA says that you do not need to stop if the road has a median strip.

Post a Reply