Z24

Ontario Provincial Parks: Parking Ticket

by: Z24 on

I got a ticket for "Failing to display permit on parked vehicle" @ Arrowhead Provincial Park, outside the gate at a side round a bout type thing where there is a sign that says "Parking Permit Only" parking. I have a summer pass, and forgot to display it in my window. I didn't enter the park, I was walking along the river outside of the park, but the parking I assume is there property. What my question is, if I fight the ticket, and show that I do have a summer pass and forgot to display it will it get thrown out? It says I have to take the ticket to the actual park to file it aswell... Thanks!

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

The ticket is for failing to display the pass so even though you own a pass the ticket is still technically valid since you didn't have it displayed at the time you parked. That having been said there is a chance that if you bring your pass into the office and explain the situation that the clerk who processes the tickets for court might be able to withdraw the ticket. Most cities have rules that allow their office staff to withdraw tickets under certain circumstances, so I would assume that the provincial parks system would as well. However, I'm not sure how much leeway the provincial parks system gives their clerks. Even if the clerk won't withdraw the ticket you can also file for court and explain the situation to the prosecutor and see if they are willing to withdraw the charge. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that either the parks clerk or the prosecutor will withdraw the ticket, the only way to know for sure is to go in and ask.

Post a Reply