telaniscorp

Original Certificate Of Offence Was Not Filed?

by: telaniscorp on

Hello All,

Long time lurker first time poster. Here's a quick summary of what happened.

I got caught passing a tractor trailer near 400N/Sheppard, the officer said I was going 135km/h on 100 trying to pass it.

Long story short, I went to the location at the back of the ticket at York Civic Centre, 2700 Eglinton Ave West. Waited for roughtly 1 1/2 hour to get my number called and submitted my "Notice of intention to appear" as I am going to try to fight the ticket in traffic court. This was back in March 1st of this year.

Pass forward yesterday I got a letter direct from my door from Ontario Court of Justice (same address as above and back of the ticket) saying that following:

RE:

Ticket Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offence Date: Feb 25, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam:

The original certificate of offence was not filed with this office by the issuing enforcement agency. Your request for a court date cannot be accepted at this time.

The enforcement agency, however, does have the option of issuing other process with respect to this charge.

Please find enclosed your Notice of Intention to Appear.

............ contact number listed.

Yours truly,

Court services

Trial Coordinator.

In the letter I got back my Notice of Intention to Appear yellow paper signed and received by them.

I have no idea what to do now, not sure if somewhere along the lines my offence wasn't properly entered by the officer who caught me? What do you guys suggest I do here?

Thanks

LongtimeLurker

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

by: FyreStorm on

Sometimes there's a delay in receiving the ticket at the Fines Office, typically, the ticket is quashed at that point, the police service has the right to reserve you, but that SELDOM if ever happens unless this is a serious charge (MVC etc)...looks like you dodged one, keep all your paperwork, if you should get a notice that somehow you were convicted, you have all the documents to reopen...

telaniscorp

by: telaniscorp on

FyreStorm wrote:Sometimes there's a delay in receiving the ticket at the Fines Office, typically, the ticket is quashed at that point, the police service has the right to reserve you, but that SELDOM if ever happens unless this is a serious charge (MVC etc)...looks like you dodged one, keep all your paperwork, if you should get a notice that somehow you were convicted, you have all the documents to reopen...

Thank you for the reply, I'll be keeping all paperwork.

Post a Reply