Ticket - Trial In Month+half

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

TimoCruz

Ticket - Trial In Month+half

Unread post by TimoCruz »

Hey guys..

I've been lurking this forum for a while, but never really got around to posting. I thought I would come here for some advice.

I have two tickets I received on November 15th on Dixon and Carlingview (speed trap). I was going 79 in a 60 zone (I never speed, but I wasn't thinking straight because I was late for a funeral). The ticket was reduced to 10 over ($40). The ticket had an R symbol on it as well. I also received a ticket for not having my pink insurance slip (I had my printed out version, but that didn't satisfy the cop so he gave me a ticket for failure to present insurance or whatever).

i had a first attendance/early resolution with the prosecutor. She told me that she would drop the insurance ticket if I plead guilty on the speeding charge. I declined and said I would like to go to trial. She made note on the sheet that the prosecutor could request to have my ticket increased back to the original fine.

I received my trial date Friday and its on MAY 24th 2013. That's only a month and a half away! I thought they normally give you a couple months at least.

I was going to request the discloure today/tomorrow and I was wondering how long should I wait for my disclosure to come back considering that I only have a month and half till trial. I have read places, a stay (form 4F) would be valid as long as I submit the form 15 days prior to trial. I was wondering if I could please get some advice here and whether this is possible? Also, lets see I get my disclosure a couple days prior to trial would the justice honour my 4F or would he just give me an adjournment?

Any and all help is definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

Decatur

Posting Awards

Unread post by Decatur »

1) You're going to trial on both tickets now and the speeding ticket will likely be the original speed.

2) Chances aren't good that you'll get another deal

3) A stay is very unlikely. If you don't get disclosure in time you can always request an adjournment. Likely the prosecutor will be ready to go to trial on May 24th, be ready just in case the adjournment is denied.

TimoCruz

Unread post by TimoCruz »

Decatur wrote:1) You're going to trial on both tickets now and the speeding ticket will likely be the original speed.

2) Chances aren't good that you'll get another deal

3) A stay is very unlikely. If you don't get disclosure in time you can always request an adjournment. Likely the prosecutor will be ready to go to trial on May 24th, be ready just in case the adjournment is denied.

Oh man this just made me very worried. I asked the prosectuor the day that I denied her deal that on the day of the trial will the prosecutor offer me something before we jump into proceedings. She said yes. And after she wrote on the form that the prosecutor could request for the ticket to be brought back to its original, I asked if he would offer the same deal that you just offered me and she said she couldn't guarantee it, but with the way the tickets are set up, he probably would.

Again, I'm not taking her word for it, but I don't know if I'll have enough evidence on the day off to win the case. With my other ticket coming off my books in November, I was thinking to just take the deal. Would the hit on insurance we much more if it were 19 over (atleast I think it was) as compared to 10 over?

This was my back up plan all along, but I'm real worried now...