Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Ticket - Trial in Month+Half
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:26 pm 

Hey guys..

I've been lurking this forum for a while, but never really got around to posting. I thought I would come here for some advice.

I have two tickets I received on November 15th on Dixon and Carlingview (speed trap). I was going 79 in a 60 zone (I never speed, but I wasn't thinking straight because I was late for a funeral). The ticket was reduced to 10 over ($40). The ticket had an R symbol on it as well. I also received a ticket for not having my pink insurance slip (I had my printed out version, but that didn't satisfy the cop so he gave me a ticket for failure to present insurance or whatever).

i had a first attendance/early resolution with the prosecutor. She told me that she would drop the insurance ticket if I plead guilty on the speeding charge. I declined and said I would like to go to trial. She made note on the sheet that the prosecutor could request to have my ticket increased back to the original fine.

I received my trial date Friday and its on MAY 24th 2013. That's only a month and a half away! I thought they normally give you a couple months at least.

I was going to request the discloure today/tomorrow and I was wondering how long should I wait for my disclosure to come back considering that I only have a month and half till trial. I have read places, a stay (form 4F) would be valid as long as I submit the form 15 days prior to trial. I was wondering if I could please get some advice here and whether this is possible? Also, lets see I get my disclosure a couple days prior to trial would the justice honour my 4F or would he just give me an adjournment?

Any and all help is definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ticket - trial in month+half

TimoCruz

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:26 pm

TimoCruz View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Going to Trial Next Month

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2 ]

slepy

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Stanton View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Trial Next Month

slepy

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:46 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. speeding 25km/h over, trial this month!

keenb

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:47 pm

keenb View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 138 km/h on 401...Trial in 1 month?!

jbs101

Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:29 pm

iFly55 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Justice adjourned; trial is 14 month from offence date. 11b?

notxcopper

Wed May 28, 2014 4:11 pm

iFly55 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 8 Month Pregnant Wife Gets Big Ticket on 24

thestuff

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:09 pm

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2 drving while suspended in a month.

culturedfarmboy

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:47 pm

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 17 years old, 1 month old car, 7 tickets. Any help?

Tkoth

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 am

Reflections View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. G2, 1 month from full G test, 49 over. Clarification?

whooopsiedaisy

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:04 pm

UnluckyDuck View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Red Light Fail to Stop - Light changed to red half-way thru

s.knight

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:17 am

Omega_Gin View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Unaware of 3 month Quebec suspension, with BC license.

Myner

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Pepsi View the latest post