Ticket - Trial in Month+Half

Moderators: Reflections, admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

TimoCruz
Ticket - Trial in Month+Half

Unread post by TimoCruz on

Hey guys..

I've been lurking this forum for a while, but never really got around to posting. I thought I would come here for some advice.

I have two tickets I received on November 15th on Dixon and Carlingview (speed trap). I was going 79 in a 60 zone (I never speed, but I wasn't thinking straight because I was late for a funeral). The ticket was reduced to 10 over ($40). The ticket had an R symbol on it as well. I also received a ticket for not having my pink insurance slip (I had my printed out version, but that didn't satisfy the cop so he gave me a ticket for failure to present insurance or whatever).

i had a first attendance/early resolution with the prosecutor. She told me that she would drop the insurance ticket if I plead guilty on the speeding charge. I declined and said I would like to go to trial. She made note on the sheet that the prosecutor could request to have my ticket increased back to the original fine.

I received my trial date Friday and its on MAY 24th 2013. That's only a month and a half away! I thought they normally give you a couple months at least.

I was going to request the discloure today/tomorrow and I was wondering how long should I wait for my disclosure to come back considering that I only have a month and half till trial. I have read places, a stay (form 4F) would be valid as long as I submit the form 15 days prior to trial. I was wondering if I could please get some advice here and whether this is possible? Also, lets see I get my disclosure a couple days prior to trial would the justice honour my 4F or would he just give me an adjournment?

Any and all help is definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to “General Talk”