Company Vehicle And Insurance Rate

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: hwybear, Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

OttawaGirl

Company Vehicle And Insurance Rate

Unread post by OttawaGirl »

I got charged speeding last week driving my company vehicle. I was charged for going 125km/h in 90 zone plus not having a valid insurance card. I intend to fight both tickets to see what kind of bargain I can get with the crown before paying the set fine. Any tips would be appreciated.

Since it was a company vehicle I was driving, will my personal car insurance rate go up due to my speeding ticket?

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

OttawaGirl wrote:Since it was a company vehicle I was driving, will my personal car insurance rate go up due to my speeding ticket?

The tickets are charged against the number on the license of the offender. At the end of the day, the vehicle you were driving has no factor on what shows up on your driving abstract. It'll show on your abstract when convicted (eg. Speeding 60 in a 80) and the date you were convicted. The vehicle, plate number, whether it's a business car, etc are not considered.

So the answer is yes. If your insurance company choose to use the conviction against you, they very well could.