Is By-law Required For Full Disclosure.

stefanturner

Is By-law Required For Full Disclosure.

Unread post by stefanturner »

I received my disclosure and talked to the city worker who put it together. He said he didn't include the by-law cause its too big, saying they don't do it for HTA violations either. My disclosure request included this, should i now file another disclosure request for just the by-law? Or is the by-law not considered necessary disclosure? I know they don't provide you with the HTA when you request disclosure but i would think they have to provide the by-law for parking infractions.

Mugwug

Unread post by Mugwug »

I would expect that, like the HTA, you can look up the applicable city bylaw online or request it through City Hall. It's not unique to this ticket.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

stefanturner wrote:I received my disclosure and talked to the city worker who put it together. He said he didn't include the by-law cause its too big, saying they don't do it for HTA violations either. My disclosure request included this, should i now file another disclosure request for just the by-law? Or is the by-law not considered necessary disclosure? I know they don't provide you with the HTA when you request disclosure but i would think they have to provide the by-law for parking infractions.

There's nothing exclusive about city bylaws that would require them to provide it to you. Lots of cities have them listed online, or you can always go through the city itself and request it. You're not restricted in terms of acquiring them.

If you make this argument at trial, they will side with the prosecutor. You might receive another trial date in order for you to look it up. Either that or your trial will continue as planned.