bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

slr555 wrote:I'm going to court to fight the ticket as a full G though, so will I be penalized with my insurance as a G2 driver or a G driver?

I think the answer is a bit more complicated than you were expecting. The fact that you were a G2 driver is factored into your initial rate. If they charge you a 5% surcharge for an offense, it's going to seem like you're being charged more because you are initially paying more. So the answer is mostly no, they'll charge you as neither. I do not believe the surcharge for a conviction changes based on license class.

When it comes to the Ministry, I am almost 100% positive they'll will punish you as a G2 driver because that's what you were at the time. That means you fall under Novice Driver Escalating Sanctions and you're subject to a 30 day suspension for 30km+ over the limit, even though you now hold a G.

jimm

by: jimm on

bend wrote:
slr555 wrote:

When it comes to the Ministry, I am almost 100% positive they'll will punish you as a G2 driver because that's what you were at the time. That means you fall under Novice Driver Escalating Sanctions and you're subject to a 30 day suspension for 30km+ over the limit, even though you now hold a G.

Why you are so sure? That's so bad.

Post a Reply