imsafedriver

Stunt Driving But Charged With 128

by: imsafedriver on

Last night, I was pull over by police, and hhe approached me with meter showing 163km/h. The cop gave me a ticket saying "stunt driving with 163km/h in 100km/h zone."

But at the bottom of the ticket, it says "contrary to section 128",but is it speeding section?? I am very confused about what my charge really is??? My driver license was suspended immediately and my car was tolled. I am really confused whether this stunt charge or speeding charge.

I am a student with clean record, and this is my first time ever being pulled by police.

I am really looking for the helpful advice.

Thanks!!

Brian Smith

by: Brian Smith on

It sounds like one of three things happened:

1. The officer screwed up and wrote 128 when he meant to write 172(1). This seems more likely and I would expect you'll receive a long form summons at your door with the correct charge soon.

2. The less likely option is that he meant to issue you summons for both 128 and 172(1), messed up one of them (the one you got) and failed to give you the second one. For a while we were issuing both but stopped some time ago.

3. Final option is that he gave you the summons he messed up by mistake and still has the correct one with his other paperwork.

In any of these cases the mistake will get caught and a long form summons will likely be issued. In short, he didn't suspend you license and impound your car by mistake.

imsafedriver

by: imsafedriver on

Brian Smith wrote:It sounds like one of three things happened:

1. The officer screwed up and wrote 128 when he meant to write 172(1). This seems more likely and I would expect you'll receive a long form summons at your door with the correct charge soon.

2. The less likely option is that he meant to issue you summons for both 128 and 172(1), messed up one of them (the one you got) and failed to give you the second one. For a while we were issuing both but stopped some time ago.

3. Final option is that he gave you the summons he messed up by mistake and still has the correct one with his other paperwork.

In any of these cases the mistake will get caught and a long form summons will likely be issued. In short, he didn't suspend you license and impound your car by mistake.

Thank you for replying me so fast.

Is it possible that police officer will not realize this mistake?

Post a Reply